THE STAINES VILLAGE VISION
1. Our Vision:
The Residents of and Traders within Staines Village declare that they wish to:
- Develop and nurture a community identity and spirit, which includes a consideration for the needs of the elderly and infirm;
- Stimulate public awareness and appreciation for the appearance and character of the Staines Village area;
- Encourage protection and maintenance of the Staines Village Conservation area;
- Enable our community area to take action under the Localism Act;
- Give weight to interactions with Spelthorne Borough and Surrey County Councils on local matters including but not limited to parking, traffic and development;
- Support the maintenance and development of commercial life in Staines Village including the encouragement of patronage of Staines Village Traders;
- Support the community involvement of St. Mary’s Church; and
- Hold local social events such as street parties, fairs, and local markets.
2. The Staines Village Residents & Traders Association:
To this end the Residents of and Traders within Staines Village have decided to create a Staines Village Residents and Traders Association and empower the Managing Committee of that Association to use all reasonable endeavours to give effect to the Staines Village Vision. Membership of The Staines Village Residents & Traders Association shall be open to all the Residents of and Traders within Staines Village.
3. Our Goals:
The measures by which our goals are achieved by the Staines Village Residents & Traders Association will include, but are not limited to:
- Generally agreeing and pursuing actions to effect our vision;
- Promoting coordinated action and campaigns;
- Having the ability to form a Neighbourhood Forum which gives it the ability to take action under the Localism Act 2011 as from time to time amended;
- Organising and, if required, sponsoring activities such as street parties or other fund-raising events;
- Ensuring due consideration is given to any activities, surveys, or referendums relating to traffic or parking
- Liaising with St. Mary’s Church and the Traders within the Village in order to support and promote their aims; and
- Maintaining a Staines Village website to promote Staines Village and the Traders within it.
4. The Staines Village Residents & Traders Association Charter
The Staines Village Residents & Traders Association shall have a Charter which sets down the governance of the Staines Village Residents & Traders Association including the definitions of membership & voting rights, frequency of meetings, financial governance and the makeup of the Managing Committee.
5. The Staines Village Constitution
This document together with the Charter for the Staines Village Residents and Traders Association shall form the Constitution of Staines Village for the purposes of the Localism Act 2011 as from time to time amended.